Thursday, February 7, 2013

February

February is I Love to Read month.  There is a reading challenge calendar where we can do different reading challenges at home with our families.  If we complete 15, we can be entered to win a prize in the Library.  We also have been having a school-wide Spirit Week celebration.  Each day we are dressing like a different salad dressing.  So far we have had Thousand Island Dressing day, Blue Cheese Dressing day and today is Ranch Dressing day.  We have been studying perspective using oil pastels and this week we are trying to imitate our Author of the Month, Barbara Reid's illustrations using plasticine.

Next week our class will be celebrating Valentine's Day.  The following week is the 100th day of school and we will have another celebration!  The other grade 1 classes will be having a 100 day celebration as well.  February is one busy month! - Miss Matsumoto

I wish I had a cowboy hat for February. - M.

I hope I get a prize entry for I love to Read.  The prizes are stuffed animals and I think some books. - Stella

I can't wait until 100 day and I wish I would get a prize for I love to Read.  I can't wait until it's the Valentine's party.  It's going to be so much fun. - Lara

On Spirit Week we already finished a Thousand Island and Blue Cheese.  Today is the Ranch dressing and tomorrow will be wear school colours for House Dressing.  I will wear black and yellow. - Lexie











No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments! We love to read them!!